Header Ads

Are You In Control?

“Life is what you make it”, this was what my cousin told his younger sister many years back when his sister got pregnant and not married. I knew it was quoted from a song, but I was too young then to contemplate on song lyrics.

The younger sister is now married and is living a life better than most, if not all, of her siblings.

Yesterday, a friend and I chatted over yahoo messenger. He told me that he is going to take control of his life starting this year. This was after he visited his family during the Christmas vacation. He saw the need to help his family and thought that he’s the only one in the family who could. He is tired of living his life to where it leads him. This time he wants to get hold of it and take control.

Last week, I was invited by a friend to her shop. She planned to involve me into the business she is currently into. I asked what time her shop opens and told her that I would probably go there two hours after the opening time in order to make sure that she is already there when I arrive.

When I arrived at her shop, it was still closed. I wondered but did not make an effort to call and ask her why.

I could not think of any place to go because she was the only reason why I went out of the house.

I stood beside the road as I watched jeepneys passed by me. I read every jeepney’s route and destination signboard and thought of the places in those directions. I still could not decide and the weather is getting hotter.

The heat pushed me to hop on a jeepney. I just hoped that I would find a good place to drop-off along the way.

While I was inside the jeepney looking at the places we passed by, nothing got me interested. It reminded me of this song:
Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life's been showing you?
Where are you going to?
Do you know?

Do you get what you're hoping for?
When you look behind you there's no open door
What are you hoping for?
Do you know?
I was nearing the jeepney’s destination when I dropped off. I got off not because I found a place to hang out, but because I don’t want to be thought of as crazy. The jeepney would be going back to where I hopped on.

A life without direction is crazy and person living it. Take control.

3 comments:

  1. Wow you have a nice blog brother. You are also into personal development. Nice! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow another nice topic. salamat sa mga ganito! Godbless

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.