Header Ads

What Happened To The Prayers of Christians for Manny Pacquiao To Win The Fight vs Floyd Mayweather?

I am not a fan of boxing and I haven't watch a full boxing match on TV, live or replay.  Manny Pacquiao and a couple of others are the only Filipino boxers I know.  But the day before the fight of Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather touted as the "Fight of the Century", I paused for a while and prayed.  I didn't pray for Manny Paquiao to win but for the name of the Lord not to be put to shame.  Manny Pacquiao has been so vocal about the Lord delivering Floyd Mayweather into his hands. I don't have faith like Manny Pacquiao and it’s not my revelation but his, so I just silently hoped and prayed that God be glorified in the end.


Praying for Manny Pacquiao

Knowing that Manny Pacquiao is a born again Christian proudly proclaiming Jesus Christ his Lord and Savior, many Christians would surely be favoring him.  I am probably not the only Christian out there who prayed and hoped that Manny Pacquiao will win the boxing match against Floyd Mayweather.

Came Sunday, May 3, 2015, the day the earth (well, at least the Philippines) stood still.  At around 10 O’clock in the morning Philippine Standard Time (PST), I kept watch on the tweets that came in every second.  I don’t have cable TV and most certainly, I won’t subscribe to a pay-per-view even if I have one.  I could only hear the shouts from my neighbors watching live on TV while I was eagerly reading tweets.

Manny Pacquiao Loses To Floyd Mayweather

While reading tweets, I also regularly refreshed a webpage that showed the live scoring of the boxing match.  Despite the scores that showed Manny Pacquiao had been losing the rounds, I kept being positive and prayed that something amazingly good would happen before the fight ends and Manny Pacquiao would win the fight.

When it was finally announced the Floyd Mayweather won, I can’t help but asked, Why Lord?  Did Manny Pacquiao actually listened to You or did he hear it wrongly?  What happened to the prayers of the Christians?  Didn’t the prayers matter?  Maybe the Lord is not really a boxing fan.

Why Did Manny Pacquiao Lose The Fight?

As much as Manny Pacquiao would want to glorify the Lord for this boxing match, maybe it will not turn out that way.  Maybe more people will be honoring Manny Pacquiao than God.  I don’t really know the answer.  I hope Manny Pacquiao finds the answer.  All I know is that our thoughts are not His (the Lord God) thoughts and His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8).

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.