Header Ads

Making Decisions

Making decisions is easy. Making the right decision is another story. We make decisions everyday. Small things, big things, we decide. For bigger things we give a thought, it's instant for smaller ones. As if, it doesn’t affect us at all, like nothing is going to change.

Let’s stop and think for a while. How many big decisions have you made or you think you can make in a day? Big decisions are those we often called “life-changing ones”. Even those we called middle-sized decisions (not big, not small), how many? Very few, I am sure. But those small, little, tiny decisions we make, how many? When you wake up in the morning until you go to bed at night, I bet too many.

It is like how you spend you money. Have you ever wondered where your money goes at the end of the day, week or month? When you haven’t bought something costly or when you haven’t bought anything useful at all?

I am not quick at deciding when buying expensive things, especially when a large bulk of what I have in my wallet or bank is at stake. Even if it’s something useful or beneficial, it usually takes a painful process. But when it comes to buying things that doesn’t cost much, it is instant. If I like it or not even like it much, I buy it. Even if I don’t need it, I buy it as long as I like it. At the end of the day, I am broke. Worst, I haven’t bought something useful. It would have been better if I bought something costly but useful. Maybe I still have some money left.

It is the same with decision-making. It’s the smaller ones that shape us. Bigger ones may make a dent, but how many life-changing decisions can you make in your life?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.