Header Ads

Will I Be Forgiven?

In one of my reflections, i came to think about sins and how the Lord Jesus Christ took all my sins at the cross. But there was one sin the cross my mind.

Matthew 12:31-32 says, "And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Luke 12:10 says, "And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

Referring to Matthew 12:32 and Luke 12:10 in specific terms, how can i speak against (or blasphemes) the Holy Spirit? Can Christians commit it or just the unbelievers? What if i am an unbeliever now and have done it, will it not be forgiven if i accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior? If i am a Christian now and committed it, will i not be forgiven if i ask forgiveness (I John 1:9)? Does this mean there is no salvation for me (as Christian or Not) if i commit this sin? How can i be so sure i haven't committed it?

1 comment:

  1. I have always understood these passages to speak of denying the Spirit's direction to follow Christ.

    However, in some of my reading this has been described as one giving the Devil credit for the work of God.

    However, the same writer made an excellent point which I believe has much truth. If you are questioning whether you may have commited this sin, then you most likely have not.

    Of course this is not an exegetical analysis as much as understanding from various readings, teachings and study over the course of my life.

    And I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.